Perennial contenders for the
Connecticut State Championship!
Since its inception in 1972, the Mohegan Striders have had the most successful racing team in Connecticut
The Mohegan Striders welcome all runners to join the club and compete with the racing team. The club draws its members from throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island.
It’s easy to join and you don’t have to be fast!!!
- The Mohegan Striders compete at various team races:
- Connecticut USATF Road Race Grand Prix Series
- Connecticut USATF Cross-Country Grand Prix Series
- Other local, regional, and national competitions
- The Mohegan Striders field teams in various age divisions:
- Men’s divisions (Open, 40+, 50+, 60+)
- Women’s divisions (Open, 40+, 50+, 60+)
- Youth divisions
- The Mohegan Striders offer first class team support:
- Generous reimbursement money
- Group training runs
- Team uniforms
- Ride-share to races
- Grant money for travel to national competitions
- The Mohegan Striders have a notable running history:
- The Mohegan Striders have had many top Connecticut runners (both men and women), several national-class runners, and even a few world-class runners on its racing team.
- The Mohegan Striders have had 16 Connecticut high school state cross-country champions on its racing team.
- The Mohegan Striders Men’s team has won the most state championships since the Connecticut USATF Grand Prix Series was started in 1988.
- The Mohegan Striders have had successful youth teams, including a 4th place finish in the 2001 National Junior Olympic Cross-Country Championship.
Join the Mohegan Striders Racing Team in 3 easy steps
- Join the Mohegan Striders first by mailing in an application or applying online. See our Join Mohegan Striders Page.
- Register with USATF at usatf.org. Make sure to select the Mohegan Striders as your club.
- For the men’s team, Notify Brad Overturf, the racing team coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the women’s team, notify Becky Snelson at email@example.com
Run with the Mohegan Striders Racing Team:
Visit the Connecticut USATF website for race information and results.
Get your Mohegan Striders Team Uniforms:
Mohegan Striders team uniforms are available in both men’s and women’s sizes. Uniforms can be purchased at all Mohegan Striders club meetings or by contacting Al Phillips.
Information on the Mohegan Striders Racing Team:
For more information on the Mohegan Striders racing team, please contact Brad Overturf, the racing team coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the women’s team, contact Becky Snelson at email@example.com